- Keep your heating thermostat set at a minimum of 13°c, even if you’re away to prevent frozen pipes bursting.
- Are your rooftiles secure?
- Bleed radiators of excees air to improve efficiency.
- Chimney swept?
- Insulation – are all pipes, your loft and watertank lagged to reduce heat loss?
- Smoke and Carbon Monoxide Alarms - batteries charged?
- Boiler – serviced?
- Gutters and drains clear?
- Do you know where your water mains stop-cock is in case there is a leak? Is it working?
- Keep a supply of tinned food & bottled water in case heavy snow keeps you housebound.
- Where is your torch? Do you have spare batteries?